Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas '08
























Today, Nana & Pa headed back to South Carolina, so I know Christmas is officially over. We had such a great holiday this year. We spent Christmas Eve with lots of family and friends and 5 babies. It was a very fun evening. Everyone arrived around 6pm and we waited until the babies were in bed (at least my 3!) at 7 before having dinner. I love watching newcomers experience our traditional Polish holiday meal Wigilia. It's an 7 course meatless meal with the main dish being peirogi. It takes some getting used to I think, but this is how I've celebrated Christmas Eve every year of my life, so I know nothing else. JP was so excited for Santa. We had been tracking him on the NORAD website all day and he would run upstairs giving the group updates on where he was. The holiday elves again left him and his siblings pajama's while he was at the Christmas Children's Mass. Their note had said to get some sleep and in the morning their would be lots of treats. We (as I think nearly every parent does) had told JP that he didn't want to be on Santa's naughty list. When he found the pj's he ran and told Joe he just knew he was going to be on the nice list now because the elves said he would be getting treats!!

Christmas Morning we woke up and found that Santa did indeed come bringing JP his metal detector he wished for. He also brought him a game and large dry erase book. The babies each received a new stuffed animal toy too. I had saved and gotten Joe a new TV, which I managed to keep hidden, so he got a big suprise this year too. Sean, Anne and George came over to eat breakfast and open gifts and then headed off to Anne's family. We were able to spend the rest of the day just relaxing and enjoying all our new gifts. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

On Saturday evening, we had the 4 babies baptized. They all did so well and each one looked more precious than the other.













Here are the links to all the photos:
Christmas :
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=11inays5.6z0mmlwh&x=0&y=-t2rizq&localeid=en_US

Baptism :
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=11inays5.1tw7hx01&x=0&y=-7uwqe1&localeid=en_US

No comments: