Thursday, December 4, 2008

Buses are cool!

JP is so funny. He is such a "big kid". He told me the other day that he is almost in 1st grade now! I told him he had a little while to go on that one. He had a big event this week (about as big as they get in Kindergarten). His bus route changed and they have added another stop- and now picks up his good friend Will. I always laugh about his bus ride because it lasts a total of about 15 minutes. The district requirement to be able to ride the bus is living more than 1 mile from the school. I think we must live 1.001 miles!

Joe is taking an interterm finance class at DU this week. He took a week's vacation to do it. It actually sounds pretty cool. He has been going all around Denver to different businesses such as Coors, Morgan Stanley, Channel 7, etc. and meeting with their finance departments to discuss challenges they are facing. I told him I thought it sounded interesting and he told me it is, but also pretty depressing. I guess that makes sense, talking to finance people during a recession! Anyway, JP found out about all these trips and got all excited. He asked his Dad if he got to take a bus to all the places. Joe told him that they all just drove in cars and met there. JP said "Cars are so boring, buses are cool!"

This is how I picture JP when he goes off for the day:

2 comments:

The O'Reillys said...

I love that commercial! It is always so funny and now I'll totally picture J.P. when I see it!

Kelly & Joe said...

I know- Can't you just picture him and Will T like this? Too funny!