Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother/Son Dance



On Tuesday night JP & I attended the Mother/Son dance at his school.  I'd love to say we had planned weeks in advance for this special event, but actually, we decided to go the night before.  I had seen the info about it, but JP had never mentioned it to me, so I figured it was not something that was important to him.  Then, on Monday 3 of my friends who were all taking their sons asked if we were going.  Of course when I asked JP if he wanted to go he said "yes"!  The theme was luau, so I made a quick stop to Party City on Tuesday while Ryan, Caitlin & Madison were napping and Joe was working.  Lucky for us grass skirts were 50% off! :-)

We started out the evening meeting friends for dinner at Noodles.  After all 4 boys enjoyed their bowls of mac & cheese, we headed over to the dance.  Good thing I go a taste for crazy boys at JP's birthday party because the whole place was filled with them!  Running around, throwing beach balls, tossing hula hoops.  Not quite the dance I envisioned, but JP had a blast.  He wasn't really into dancing too much, but I got him to dance a couple of songs with me.  They also had the Scholastic book fair going on so I treated JP to a new Star Wars book.  I would say he had a great time.

Here's a video of Ryan tonight.  I started writing numbers down for him and was quite amazed when he started telling me what they were!  I took him upstairs to try and repeat the feat for his Dad.  He wasn't as into it as the first time, but impressive nonetheless!

A cute picture of Caitlin shopping for stuffed animals today:

No comments: