Today was JP's last day of school. I think he's excited for summer break, I know I am! Just like last year, I did an end of the year interview and then he got to choose where we go out to eat. This year it was Chuck e Cheese's. The best thing about going there is a) nobody ever asks if we have triplets because there are so many kids everywhere and b) now that the trio is 2, they had almost as much fun as JP.
The funny line of the night was as we were driving to the restaurant. Joe kept saying Chuck e Cheese is where "A Dad can be a Dad" instead of the company's tag line "Where a Kid can be a Kid". JP told him that wasn't right. JP said "Work is where a Dad can be a Dad." Nice.
We have quite a few things planned this summer including 2 trips that JP gets to take alone with myself to South Carolina & Florida and then with his Dad to Massachusetts. We decided last year that traveling on planes for the next couple of years with the trio would not be easy, so instead we laugh that Joe and I are taking separate vacations. All of Joe's family is coming out in July for a week, so we're looking forward to that too. Between trips, art camp, golf lessons, tennis lessons, swimming lessons and karate, I think JP should have a pretty great summer!
**I was just going through Joe's papers for the year and will save some of the stories he wrote. I thought I would write down a couple of his poems here:
Boxes
Box is a home for a hobo.
And you can ship.
Box com in all colors.
Licorish
Licorish is black and red.
You can get crly or strt
I like black. You like red.
Yum Yum Yum it is good.
Numbrs
Numbrs they nevr end.
1 2 3 the fun began
1 is first 10 is last
I joked you.
Waiting for the bus:
JP & his bus stop buddies: Addison, Sullivan, and Abhil:
The trio looking ready for summer!
Here's the End of 1st Grade Interview:




No comments:
Post a Comment