I have taken so many pictures recently that I thought I should get some up before the official trick-or-treating tomorrow night. Ryan, Caitlin and Madison are really beginning to understand this Halloween thing and are loving it. We often go on "pumpkin walks" around the neighborhood just to look at people's pumpkins and decorations they have up. They love pointing out all the spiders and ghosts that they see. The leaves have been falling, but we still have had pretty good weather for them to get outside and play.
JP is on fall break Thursday and Friday, but did have a Halloween party at school. The second graders didn't wear costumes to school this year. You know your child is getting big when he doesn't get to dress up in class anymore. Instead, each child was asked to bring in a pumpkin and then they took turns in each of the four 2nd grade classrooms doing experiments such as guessing how much it weighs and if a pumpkin floats or not. I would not have guessed that actually do! I found out its because of their large hollow center. See you can learn something new everyday! They did have a class party so he didn't miss out on any treats.
This year our house was Boo'd 2 times. This is when someone leaves treats on your doorstep with a poem and a picture of a ghost to tape to your door. JP was so excited when he received the first bag and he started showing me what he got inside. I explained that it didn't say only his name on it and he would have to share the contents with his siblings. He reluctantly picked out 3 pieces of candy and little goodies for them. There are still many things that he has that are just his and because of the age difference and there will be many things he will get to do that they cannot yet. However, he is slowly learning that being one of four kids means everybody shares and needs to be happy about it. Joe and I are learning this with dinner. You're lucky if you get seconds around here these days! :)
Pumpkin Carving:
Playing outside:
Drinking like the big kids:
JP's new sign he made for his door. I'm already cringing at the thought of taking that packing tape off the door.
Don't tell JP we like to play dress up in his pajamas when he's at school! (obviously his sign doesn't work too well!)
We wear our sunglasses at night:
Here's a video of Ryan entertaining us:
The trio- Ryan didn't want to put on his werewolf costume at first:
Two of the prettiest pumpkins in the patch:
Off to Bass Pro Shop fro some early trick-or-treating. Ryan decided it was OK to wear his costume if it meant he would get some candy!
Lots & Lots of pictures from our trip!
Ryan and some animal friends:
Definitely a highlight!
Ryan really could have stayed there all night. He was in Heaven!
I asked Caiti where she was driving to? She said the Post Office!
Checking out the fish.
A little monkey even wanted to play my Game Box Boy!
He was the cutest thing.
Especially from the back!
Going up!
Only in America can you go trick-or-treating and buy a gun at the same time!



























2 comments:
The kids all look great in their costumes, Kelly!
I love the picture of JP standing in the doorway to his bedroom. His hairdo reminds me of the nutty professor. (:
Post a Comment