Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nana To The Rescue!







Maddi, Caitlin, Ryan, JP & George






This what Joe has been saying ever since my Mom agreed to fly out and help with the kids while he took a week long trip to NYC. It's his final class for his MBA :-) :-) called a Walk on Wall Street. It's so hard to believe that he will finally be done!

With JP starting school Wednesday, we knew this was going to be a busy week and I'm so lucky to have an extra set of hands to help me out. We've definitely kept Nana busy so far and I think she's been having fun seeing all the CO grand kids.

On Sunday, we spent the morning in Boulder with Sean, Anne & George. It was such a beautiful day and we had fun walking along Pearl Street. The kids got to play on the climbing rocks area and JP got a balloon from a street balloon artist. Nana then treated us to a great lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. The hostess did look at me a little funny when I requested 4 highchairs & then added we only had 4 adults and another child. All the kids did great though and I really couldn't have asked for better behavior. The babies are not always perfect in restaurants, but I really want to continue taking them so they learn the right way to act (and so I can get out of house & out of cooking some nights!)

On Monday, Anne & George came over to play and we headed to the park for a bit. At night, JP and I headed to Back to School Night to meet his new teacher Mrs. Huggard & see his classroom. I had to laugh when the principal made all the teachers stand up at the assembly and I saw JP's teacher for the 1st time. I did not know any of the 1st grade teachers, but JP did. When he found out he was in Mrs. Huggard's class he said he used to have Reading Buddies with her classroom last year and thought her class was boring. I said why? He told me because her classroom had no toys in it. I just laughed and told him in 1st grade there wouldn't be as many toys and it was time to get serious. JP asked me what "get serious" meant :-) I asked JP to describe her to me. He said she had black hair and was kind of short. It just made me smile when she stood up at the assembly and she was an African-American woman. What a great thing about the kids of today, race just does not make an impact on them as it did years ago. I really think JP has no idea of the term "black person" or "Asian person". He knows kids from all races and nationalities and thinks of them all the same. I think this is just wonderful.

Today, we had a Apple Danish Celebration! I took JP to the orthodontist & he said JP was done wearing his chin guard for good. Yay!! We still have to see him in 2 months, but hopefully the jaw is set to continue growing in the right direction and all his hard work paid off. I took him to Panera & he picked out an apple danish for breakfast to celebrate!

Since it was the last day of summer break we also decided to have an adventure and try out a new play gym near us called Little Monkey Bizness. It was so cute. It had a play zone for the little kids as well as bouncy houses and things to climb for JP. Anne & George joined us and the little ones had a great time for about an hour and then it was time for naps. They also quickly got to meet one my friends from Bunco's adorable little girl Inara who is just a few months younger than they are. She was coming as we were going. Hopefully they'll get to play longer next time.

I'm sure tomorrow will busy sending JP off to school. He's pretty excited to be a First Grader!









Nana & Maddi on Pearl Street














Ryan & cousin George















Maddi & George




















The blue balloon monkey






















Nana, Anne & Sean






Ryan & George
Lunch out.
Monkey Bizness













one of the monkeys






















JP having fun.













Cute Caiti ready for a cool evening walk.

No comments: