Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Say Bye-Bye to the Bottles



What big kids!















I've been trying to get the babies used to sippy cups for awhile now, but nothing seemed to be working. Santa Claus brought them the kind that JP used to have- they didn't like those. The Easter Bunny brought them another kind closer shaped to a bottle- nope, those weren't good either. After reading how some kids like ones with straws, I finally found one that works! They like the Munchkin straw sippy cups. It took a few days for them all to "get it", but last Thursday I decided to go cold turkey- No More Bottles.

The doctor had told us to try and get them off bottles by 15 months. I was going to start off with sippys all day and a bottle before bed, but the more I thought about it I decided it would be easier on them if they just got all their milk from the same place. How differently I do things with 3 vs. 1!

They are all on milk now instead of formula. Even Maddi, who at first we thought was having some tolerance issues, is doing great. It was a little sad to move out of this stage of babyhood, but I must admit it felt great getting rid of the bottles and being able to see more of my countertop again!

On Sunday, JP and I headed to church for a CCD teacher appreciation mass. The kids got up in front of the church and sang "If I Was A Butterfly" for the congregation. He did so great acting out the motions and hamming it up for the crowd. Joe was trying to get some studying in for his final week of school, so after church I took all the kids over to Central Park. We had such a fun time. The babies loved getting up close to the jumping fountains. Next time, I'm definitely going to have to put them in swim diapers!

Here's a bunch of pictures from our fun afternoon:








Ryan thought the water was so cool!












Maddi managed to get the wettest!












































Brothers









Snack Time










Over to the Swings
















My Monkey




The afternoon storms were rolling in. Time to head home.

No comments: