
This past week I experienced Round 2 of a virus that hit the babies about 6 weeks ago. Only this time I was flying solo- Joe was in Chicago most of the week. Not fun at all, but we survived. I took the babies to the pediatrician Wednesday for Ryan & Caitlin (lucky JP got to play at his friend's house). Ryan has another ear infection and Caitlin just has the fever & upper respiratory junk. So far, Madison has had a cold but no fever, so maybe we'll get lucky with her. They were doing much better today, so I hope everyone is on the mend.
Because of all the sickness, it was a pretty uneventful week around here. Today I took JP to a local toy store to spend a gift certificate he had gotten for his birthday. He was so excited and picked out 3 things: a bathtub volcano, a flashlight that shines images of animals, and a ball. As we were walking out of the store he said to me "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to own a store, but its not going to be a toy store." I said "why not?" "Because parents don't buy toys." "Then who buys toys?" "People like the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus."
This made my day for 3 reasons:
1. I love his entrepreneurial spirit. I also love that he changes what he wants to be when he grows up almost daily. So far this week it's been a kung fu teacher, a tornado storm chaser, and a store owner.
2. He doesn't just expect us to buy him toys. We must have done something right along the way.
3. My 6 year old still 100% believes in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. The magic of childhood continues.... :)
Here are some random pictures from the past week or so.
Cute boy in his plaid shorts
Their birthday present from Grandmom & Pop arrived- a double umbrella stroller! We're just about ready to take our first plane ride- yikes!
Maddi chillin under the grill.
JP having fun with bologna. It's the first time I've ever bought it and it may have been the 1st time JP ever ate it- he loved it of course!

Ryan telling me he's "all done!" with his meal.




No comments:
Post a Comment