Thursday, May 1, 2008

Week 32

We had our 32 week appt. today and it couldn't have gone better! The babies are getting bigger and bigger. Ryan is now 3 lbs 8 oz. and the girls are 2 lbs 15 oz. and 3.0 lbs. Our doctor is very happy about their weight gain. All amniotic fluids look good and they all passed their NST's. We were able to watch one of the girls do her "practice breathing" on the ultrasound too.

I'm doing well also. I'm showing no real signs of pre-term labor yet (even though I swear sometimes they are trying to kick their way out!) It's just such a blessing that I have made it to 32.5 weeks, when 6 weeks ago they thought I would never get this far. The doctor feels I can make it at least 2 more weeks and if I'm still holding on after that we can schedule a c-section sometime in week 35-36. I can't say that I feel as good these days as my appt. indicates, but I intend to hold out as long as I can.

My Mom arrived Tues. and will stay until the babies arrive. I told her she's my lucky charm because when she arrived for JP's birth he decided to hang on until I was finally induced when I passed 41 weeks. We're getting ready for a big birthday weekend as JP turns 5 on Saturday. He has cake at school tomorrow, a Chuck E Cheese's party with friends on Sat, and a family dinner on Sunday. I won't be able to make it to the 1st 2 parties :(, but am so grateful that I will be here on Sun.

We've now started a pool on when the babies will be born. We really haven't decided on a prize for the winner yet, but we'll have to think of something. Here's a few we have so far: May 9-JP, May 12-Nana (it's her birthday), May 17-Grandpop (his Mom's birthday), May 20-Joe (its a full moon), May 23-My sister. Just leave your guess in the comments section below and we'll see who wins!

Added 5/4: We have some additional guesses: May 11- Michelle in St. Louis (Mother's Day), May 15- Pa (my Dad is guessing the same as Christie- my support Mom in my Multiples Group). May 21 Dylan (Both Dylan and Barb have guessed this one!) Keep them coming!

Our next appt. is next Friday, so hopefully I will not have any posts until then! Have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

Christie said...

Congrats Kelly! That's huge and I'm sure that you look back in amazement to when you were worried about them being super-preemies. What a blessing. My guess is May 15th. That's awesome that you don't have to go back for another week too. Looks like you will have some big fat babies! :)

Anonymous said...

O.K. So here is the "real" day----May 21. The good weight gain is the best although I'm sure it feels like even more to you. Happy birthday to PJ. Barb

Anonymous said...

I am going to go with May 19th.

Aunt Kat

Heather said...

Jim and I pick May 23rd - Hopefully you can wait that long - looks like the bambino's can :)