Friday, May 9, 2008

Week 33

33 weeks and still going strong, well the babies are anyway, and that's the most important thing! We went for an appt. today and started with the NST test. After an hour and 1/2 of trying to get those babies to cooperate the doctor came in and said I could be done. (thank goodness!) She said the reason that they could not get good readings is that the babies just would not stop moving, which is an excellent thing! Actually Ryan did finally pass, but those girls are troublemakers! They explained that just like you or I, when a baby is sick they will not move much. They are thinking we have 3 very healthy babies in there.

Next came my blood pressure, weight, etc. which they are very happy with. I still do not have any swelling. I have now gained 32 lbs and it looks like its going all to the babies. My mom keeps saying "isn't it just amazing that your skin can stretch that much". I just hope it stretches back too! The doctor told me I am a very good incubator and they'll see me next week. The nurse wanted to be in on our birthday poll. She thinks that I will have a scheduled c-section at 35.5 weeks, around the 23rd. She said the only problem with that is I may be leaving the hospital with 3 babies and no time to recover! Kidding of course, but Nana will definitely be extending her stay!! Of course, as with any triplet pregnancy it could change any time. My water could break tonight and that would be that. We're only 4 days from our goal of 34 weeks, so right now I'm focusing on that and will count every additional day as a blessing.

Everyone else is doing well also. JP had a great birthday weekend. He has been having lots of fun with Nana. He just loves all of her old preschool activities (she taught preschool for over 10 years), I think a favorite is making painted toast (if anyone wants to know what that is let me know). Joe so appreciates the help with laundry, meals, and setting up the babies room. He even went to the gym the other day. Something he was having a tough time finding the time to do!

Lastly, we want to wish all the moms out there a very happy Mother's Day, especially Maggi (Grandmom) and Marlene (Nana). We love you so much and are thankful for all you do for us!
I found these 2 videos that I find to be so funny on Motherhood. Many of you have probably seen the 1st one- Momsense, but she added Dadsense which is pretty good too! Have a great weekend!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGoelj7l668&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtNGFh-dCe0

No comments: