Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Week 34 - Happy Birthday Madison, Caitlin & Ryan!

We made our goal of 34 weeks, and it looks like its time to welcome the trio!

Today was our 34 week appt. While doing the ultrasound, the sonographer saw some problems with one of the girls blood flow coming in from the placenta. They think a lot of the issue is that her sister is on top, squishing her into my spine. Our doctor felt that it would be better off delivering them now than to wait. He even used the "stillborn" word, which made me quite upset to say the least. I must have had a funny face because he asked my if everything was OK. I said yes, but I wish you hadn't said that word! He told me everything should be just fine. A roller coaster ride from start to finish!

Our c-section is scheduled for 12:00 tomorrow 5/15 at Rose Hospital. Joe will be in the room with me and maybe my mom. The doctor said its up to the anesthesiologist to decide, so we'll see. Everyone keeps asking how I feel. Honestly, its a mixture of emotions, nervous and excited. I just want everything to be OK when they come out. My doctor thinks the girls will be about 3.5 lbs and Ryan closer to 4. He thinks the girls will actually do better than the boy initially. He says they have already been through some stress, so chemically their bodies have been getting ready to come out early. Typically, they should be in the hospital 1-3 weeks at this point, but he thinks it could be closer to 1-2. As for the excited part, I can't wait to finally see these little faces. I have been on bed rest for 3 months now and I can't wait just to even sit outside or go for a walk. I just hope I have some muscle tone left and can recover from the surgery as quick as possible!

JP is staying with Aunt Carolyn for the next 2 nights and hopefully he can at least see his brother and sisters on Friday. We haven't told him the babies are coming tomorrow. In explaining my hospital stay when the babies arrive, he already can't understand why daddy can stay with me overnight but he cannot. He is excited for them to come though. We told him I have a "doctors appt" tomorrow and wouldn't it be great if the doctor said it was OK for them to come out. He agreed and said he would wish for it tonight.

The last thing the doctor said before we left is really what a great job I have done considering the issues we have dealt with and getting to 34 weeks was very good. So that was good to hear. We'll try and keep you posted and update with pictures ASAP!

No comments: