That's right, Ryan came home this afternoon! After we made sure JP was doing well, we headed back to Rose (good thing we live close) and visited the kids in the ICN. Ryan has been just about ready for the past few days. The Neonatologist said he could stay until Sat. if we wanted b/c he knew about JP's surgery, but things went so well that we decided to bring Ryan home tonight. He has been doing great so far, mostly sleeping. The funniest thing, was about 10 minutes ago, almost 9pm. Joe is on the 10pm feeding, and Ryan is sleeping on our main floor in a bassinet. All of a sudden Ryan started crying very loudly. I came down from upstairs, with JP following and Nana came from the basement. Ryan had a poop! We all watched as Daddy did his first diaper change in 5 years! JP handing him wipes and excited to take the diaper out to the garage. We all laughed and Joe said "Well, it takes 4 people to change this one, we only need 8 more friends!" I took JP back to bed and he said "I can't wait until Ryan cries again!" We'll see how long this lasts- he sees it as a get out of bed free card!
The girls are doing great also and should be home shortly, in the next 1-1.5 weeks. Both are gaining weight and having no major issues. Tonight they were going to take out their feeding IV's and let them go to town on the bottles and use a feeding tube if they need help. Caitlin is finally off the billirubin lights and we can see her eyes again. We look forward to being able to hold her more and watch her grow. Madison is doing well also. As of yesterday, she actually weighed 2oz. more than her sister. All other issues seem to be resolved except her platelet count. It was starting to go down again, but today it went up which was a relief. All 3 had brain ultrasounds, a standard for preemies, and showed no problems. Maddi also had an abdominal one and all looked good. We will try to get some new shots of them soon without their IV's.
Here are a few of Ryan's homecoming shots:

Getting dressed to come home

Loaded for his ride home. I did fix that bended ear before we left!

On the way.

JP greeting his little brother

I love this baby! JP says
1 comment:
Congratulations Crist Family!!!! Ryan's homecoming is wonderful news. JP is so cute with Ryan. What a sweetheart! I'm so happy to hear that Madison and Caitlin are doing well too. It is hard with one or two home and one in the NICU, with all the back and forth plus being tired. It is also nice though to have them come home staggered rather than 3 newborns at once.
Kudos to Joe for changing diaper #1 of 12,000!
Kelly, I hope you are feeling better too. Seems that you are superwoman, so I'm sure you are doing just fine. :)
Christie
Post a Comment