This week starts the beginning of a new chapter for our family. On August 26th, the triplets started full-day Kindergarten. It's hard to believe all the kids will be gone from 8am-3:30pm! The kids were all excited to start. We had been preparing the trio since last year that they would all be in their own classrooms, so they really had no problems with it. We briefly met their teachers and saw their classrooms the week before, so they were ready to go. JP had also met his 5th grade teacher and was excited to move to the upper level of the the school. Although 5th grade isn't technically middle school for us yet, he still was assigned his 1st locker and combination to memorize. After a few tries, he's got it down pat!
Bill Roberts implemented uniforms for the whole school this year. While it is a big change, I think overall it will be good. The kids can wear any closed-toe shoes they would like as well as accessories, so I'm sure my girls will be able to show some girly flair! Below are their backpacks & lunch boxes for the year which really show off their personalities!
JP has been obsessed with Dr. Pepper this summer. It's pretty funny that he declared it his favorite soda and just about the greatest thing ever when he has only had it a handful of times. We let him have one on each of our vacations this year and it sealed the deal. When we were looking for lunch boxes he found this one on Ebay. We scored his vintage old-school box for only $4.99!
Ryan of course chose everything cars. Caitlin choose Twinkle Toes light-up backpack & shoes and a Barbie lunchbox. Madison chose a cute doggie backpack and Hello Kitty shoes & lunch box. It should be noted that JP gave me a hard time because I have never allowed him to own light up shoes. I'm still not a fan, but I guess I'm loosening up in my old age. ;)
As in years past, we put the kids on the bus and then met it at the school. The only problem was that the bus was about 15 minutes late and we are just about the last stop. Joe & I hopped in the car and raced to the school, but it was such a mob scene that he dropped me off and I ran about 4 blocks to be able to see the kids get off.
As soon as the kids arrived at school the 1st bell rang. I was focused on getting them were they needed to be in the next five minutes. Luckily the vice principal was right there and told JP that the 5th graders had just gone in the doors, so he was able to run right in. There are 5 Kindergarten classes and we were quickly off to on find Ryan, Caitlin & Madison's individual classes outside as they were lining up to go in. I was able to yell goodbye and take a quick shot of each of them as they started to walk to their classrooms. Parents are supposed to say their goodbyes outside the 1st week. The sad part was it all went so fast that I barely had time to realize that my babies were leaving me! In fact Joe was parking the car and missed it all. The upside was no one even had time for tears because it happened so quickly.
Caitlin was the 1st one I dropped off to Mrs. Hovey's class. When I saw her walk by to go in I noticed the teacher was holding her hand. She still was able to give me a smile and a wave after I snapped this shot. She did tell me she cried a little. I could have predicted this because she is the most emotional of the three, but it sounds like she still really had a great day. She made a friend that also had Twinkle Toes shoes, and they have been playing together over the past few days.
Ryan had no troubles at all as he waved to me when he walked in with Mrs. Baumann's class. Being the most social of the three, it is no surprise that he has been telling me about all the friends he has been making. Plus, they have a few cars in the classroom, so he's all good. He is loving school and can't wait to take hot lunch..the strawberry milk is calling his name.
Madison was the last to go in with Mrs. Stuhr's class. She waved goodbye and was off. As with the others, she had a great first day. She has made some new friends and one of them even taught her how to hula hoop, which she is really proud of.

The trio sees each other on recess (which they have about 3 a day) and at lunch. It sounds like sometimes the girls play together outside and sometimes not. They did say on Wednesday they sat together at lunch. I think the only time Ryan is going to want to be around them is on the bus ride home. But who knows, things could always change.
They only went three days this week and then had off Thurs & Friday so the Kindergarten teachers could do testing on all the kids. I brought them in Friday so the teachers could see what they know as far as letter recognition, etc. They will go four days next week since Monday is Labor Day and then the regular five days after that. I'm glad they are easing into the full day schedule. I'm sure there will be a few growing pains coming up, but so far so good!! Wow....what big kids we have!





1 comment:
Yay! Welcome back, mama! I've missed reading your words and seeing how the kids are doing. Keep it up! (Says the lady who is really behind, too!)
Post a Comment