Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

In our usual Thanksgiving tradition, we celebrated with a fun family day.  We relaxed, played games and had lots of great food to eat.  This year I got Hi Ho Cherry O for the trio & a Star Wars game for JP.  We made Thanksgiving table decorations and all worked on leaves for our family Thankful Tree.  I had the idea that each of us would make out 5 leaves saying why we are thankful for all the other members of the family.  In the evening we read them aloud and taped them on the tree.  Joe & I thought it was so funny that we both had similar things for all of the kids.

We started off the morning as usual with a sweet treat- monkey bread & cantaloupe.  We played games and watched all the floats in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Everyone eagerly awaited Santa to make his appearance.  I love that JP's eyes still light up at 8.5 yrs old when he first sees him make an entrance.

After naps, it was just about time for the big meal.  Ryan loved everything, saying he especially liked the "french fries" on the green bean casserole.  The girls as usual didn't eat much, but yet still had room for dessert :).  We ended the evening with Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving.  It was a pretty wonderful day & as always we have so much to be thankful for.

On Wednesday, the trio had pajama day at school to "ease" into the holidays.  Unfortunately, Caitlin was up the night before with the stomach flu and couldn't go.  This was the 1st time all 3 did not attend school together.

Thanksgiving morning, the girls playing their own version of Connect 4:

Caitlin as she watched Santa appear at the Parade:

JP working on his placecard:

JP & Caitlin working on their Thankful Leaves:

JP pretending to carve the turkey:

The gang:

Let the feast begin!

Ryan digging in:

JP ate the whole drumstick!

The start of our Thankful Tree:

Our finished Tree.  It ended up being a fun project for everyone.  I thought what JP wrote about me was particularly funny :) Here is what everyone for this year:

I am thankful for JP because: Caitlin: he is my big brother. Mommy: he is one of the most creative people I know and I have learned how to make so many things out of cardboard from him. Madison: I read books to him. Ryan: he plays trains with me. Daddy: he always invents cool things and plays hoops with me.

I am thankful for Ryan because: Madison: he gives me lots of hugs. Daddy: he wakes me up each morning with a big bright smile. Caitlin: because I like to play animals with him. JP: he is funny. Mommy: his smile always makes me smile.

I am thankful for Caitlin because: JP: she doesn't poop her pants like Madison. Mommy: she always helps other people and gives nice hugs. Madison: she likes to hug me. Ryan: I like to give her hugs. Daddy: she is always so helpful when I need her help.

I am thankful for Madison because: Daddy: she has so much positive energy and likes my tricks & tickles. Ryan: she plays cars. Caitlin: I get to play with her. Mommy: she loves to sing happy songs and always has lots of pep. JP: she plays with me.

I am thankful for Daddy because: Ryan: he loves pickup trucks. JP: he plays basketball with me. Madison: I love him. Mommy: he always loves me and helps me remember how blessed we are. Caitlin: he does funny tricks.

I am thankful for Mommy because: Caitlin: she's nice. Daddy: she keeps our family and house running so well & she has beautiful eyes. Madison: Daddy loves you and I love you. Ryan: she shares with me. JP: if she wasn't around this house would be a mad house.

Pie time!



I love how JP closed his eyes when trying to win the wish bone! (he did win)

Finishing the night off with a little Charlie Brown.  Is there anything better than being naked with a full belly watching a silly beagle?!

No comments: