I think this may be one of the last years JP still believes. I knew he totally did when he asked me a couple of weeks ago to get an "Elf on the Shelf". I told him maybe next year and that it did cost money. We looked them up on the computer and saw they were about $18.00. JP asked "Is that $18.00 for one time, or do you have to pay $18.00 each year that you want him to tell Santa how you've been?" It makes me sad to think that this magical experience may soon be coming to an end for him, but hopefully some of the wonder will always remain. He could not sleep on Christmas Eve and went downstairs at 12:05am to see if Santa had been there because that is when NORAD said he would be. We had the stockings out and Santa treats gone, but not the presents under the tree yet. JP saw all this and I thought for sure he realized something was up. He later told us that he thinks he scared off Santa and he had to come back later to put the presents there. Of course we told him he was a very lucky kid for Santa to swing back by!
We had so much fun over the holidays and the week that everyone was here that I wish I would have remembered to pull out my camera more. But here's quite a few pictures of our wonderful Christmas 2010.
Lots of stories were read:
We had some great family dinners and the turtle candies were a big hit!
Lights at the Botanic Gardens:
Wow! Pa's gloves are big!
Not long now until the newest cousin arrives!
JP brought his polar bear Snowy.
Snacks afterward are always good!
Beauty shop!
Getting ready for just the girls to go shopping with Pa for Nana's presents (obviously Ryan was upset he was not included).
Lunch with Pa:
My little fashionista:
JP loved entertaining the trio by acting like Santa:
Christmas Eve- Eloise arrives with the Bon Appetit 2010 Holiday Cake- yum!
Everyone waits patiently as Aunt Kat hands out the drinks:
The Crists:
The O'Reillys
Anne & the little one by the tree:
Aunt Kat got JP a new hat!!
3 little princesses:
George taking it all in:
Rody the cow was a big hit!
Aunt Kat with her Boston print for her new home:
The elves brought everyone pj's again! Aunt Carolyn entertains:
Treats for Santa:
JP's note: I hope you like the milk and cookies. JRCM want: R wants a truck, C wants a tiger, M wants the same. I want Wii games. From JRCM
Santa came. Watch out- here comes the trio on wheels! Triplet note: we had to send the blue one back for another orange because Ryan would not ride the blue! Ah, never a dull moment.
Watching JP open his games:
Ryan felt the need to finish off every last crumb that Santa left behind.
I'm still not sure why Joe put a can of anchovies in JP's stocking!
Ryan in heaven with all his cars and truck:
Maddie, our resident hoarder, with almost all her new gifts!
Trying to get a few more stories in before everyone headed home:
Merry Christmas Everyone!
































No comments:
Post a Comment