Saturday, December 18, 2010

Making Pierogi

We always have Pierogi as the main course for our Christmas Eve dinner.  Because they take some time, I decided to do them early this year so I could enjoy the week before Christmas even more.  We have both sets of parents coming in for the first time ever at Christmas.  Also joining us will be Aunt Kathryn from Boston, Sean 's family and Carolyn's family and mother-in-law Jean.  With 19 for Christmas Eve dinner, our little house will be packed to the rafters!

Peirogi making!
 

Halfway through the process I gained a helper.  He loves to roll out some dough and make some of his own pierogi.
 
Almost done!

 I also didn't have to worry about the left over filling.  JP ate up the cold sauerkraut in about 30 seconds. Yep, there's definitely some Polish in that kid!

 I also did bake cookies this year.  I even let the trio help make some.  Unfortunately, I was so focused on keeping them from eating everything and putting their hands on everything that I didn't get any pictures.  Next year for sure!  As for JP, he did help me do some cookie decorating one afternoon.  No matter how crazy we decorate them, they still taste great...especially if you like a lot of sprinkles! I love this time of year!!

No comments: