Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!


It's been a beautiful morning and I'm hoping to get caught up on some posting while my little ones are napping.  Some of us started out the day earlier than others.  JP woke up at 3:45am and snuck downstairs to take a look.  I guess after he got a sneak peek of his basket he went back upstairs and woke us up at 7:15.   That would have been a great time to get up if both Madison & Ryan did not cry out last night waking Joe & I up twice throughout the night.  I think our entire house may be napping before the day is over!

After we checked out the baskets, JP and I headed out for 8am mass.  Sitting in church, I definitely think it was a good choice not to attempt to bring the triplets...maybe next year.  A quick egg hunt followed mass and then we headed home to try and find all the eggs the Easter Bunny had hidden in our own backyard.  JP had a blast, especially since the trio were happy after they each found one egg and he had free range of the whole backyard.  He quickly sorted out the coins from the candy (jelly beans & robins eggs) and counted his new riches.  The triplets still don't fully understand yet, but are having fun playing with the bunny ears in their baskets and think the jelly beans are pretty wonderful!

We are planning on taking it easy the rest of the day and enjoying a ham dinner this afternoon.  It's such a great day I'm sure some of it will be spent outside.  We hope all our friends and families have a great day too!  Happy Easter!!

The bunny came!

Trying on the ears:

The hunt begins:

Caiti was more interested in opening & eating the eggs rather than looking for them:

How did that Bunny get the egg up there?! 


 JP & I colored eggs last night. We had planned to do it during the day with the triplets, but after we got everything all set up, we realized we didn't have any vinegar.  So instead the kids just ate some of the hard boiled eggs.  JP couldn't get them peeled fast enough- they loved them.  We called Daddy who was running errands and asked him to bring home some vinegar & more eggs!!

Are they done yet?


Showing off the JP egg:

Beautiful!

No comments: