Monday, July 13, 2009

And Willa Makes 5













This past weekend we added a kid to the mix! (Who says we don't know how to have fun?!) Little Willa stayed with us while her mom and dad, Joe's sister and husband, attended a conference in Chicago. She is only about 2 months older than the trio, so our household was already stocked with enough toys, cheerios and babyproofing items to keep her entertained for a few days.

It all went pretty smoothly. Willa did miss her Mom when she left Friday morning. She kept grabbing her coat and shoes and standing at the front door~ so sad! She wasn't feeling the best either, so we had to try hard to keep her smiling on day 1. After that, she pretty much fit right into this crazy household! I'm sure it was hard from being the only baby to one of 4, but she did great. She even got a few perks like getting to stay up later than the triplets and coaxing Uncle Joe into feeding her chocolate goldfish crackers in the morning.

I can't say that it was like having quads, because I've decided 3 of your own can be easier than 1 of someone else's. It just takes awhile to figure out what makes them happy. Willa got picked up tonight (Monday) and she was so happy to see her Mom! I'm sure if she could really talk she would just say- man, that place was crazy- kids everywhere!!

Day 1: Can I go now?






















Maddi & Willa checking each other out.














Everyone playing














Day 2: Having fun- this picture is blurry, but I thought it was pretty cute.





















Day 3: Yay! I got to put piggies in Maddi & Willa's hair. Caitlin's is still too short.



















JP found a frog in our backyard! He's back to wearing a chin guard to help with his underbite. All I can say is I hope all the kids are this easygoing when it comes to orthodontics- he is the biggest trooper through all this!


















I caught an action shot of the frog hopping near Madison. JP was trying to take a picture with his camera. Thanks Aunt Gretchen for the awesome gift!
















































The trio in Ryan's crib. This is a classic face that Caitlin can give. This is her "What are you talking about Willis (I mean Mom)" look.











To add to it all, we're in the midst of trying to get ready for our 1st ever garage sale this weekend. I brought up JP's old Elmo doll from the storage area. Maddi got so excited & gave him a kiss!




















4 comments:

The O'Reillys said...

That picture of Willa standing by the door is the sweetest thing ever, I just want to pick her up and cuddle her!! All your pictures are so good, I love the girls' pigtails!

Anonymous said...

So when are you dropping the triplets off in longmont for your trip?
-Sean

Sweet Baby James said...

4 one year olds?! You are the best sister-in-law/aunt ever! Such cute pictures! Looks like Willa fit right into the crowd.

athena said...

i don't know why, but i just love the action shot of the frog! :) sooo cute!