
Today was such a nice family day. I was woken up (out of a wonderful, deep sleep) at 6:20 by JP telling me he looked out his window and saw some eggs outside! Could he go see if the Easter Bunny had brought him anything? I said sure! (and tried to get another 5 minutes in). He was soon back telling me he had and that the Easter Bunny had brought candy for the babies! We had talked about the babies not being able to eat candy yet. I said the Bunny probably didn't know and I would help eat it :) :) **sneaky, yes I know!
The babies were soon up and everyone had fun checking out their baskets. JP is the perfect age for this. All day long he kept telling me things about the Easter Bunny. When we were getting ready for church, I told him I had something to give him him too. He replied "I knew you did", with a big smile on his face. I then gave him some new socks and underwear. Later I asked him if that's what he thought I was going to give him- I assumed he thought I would give him a toy. He said yes it was because last night the Easter Bunny came up and whispered in his ear while he was sleeping that I would be giving him socks and underwear!
Of course, JP wanted to go outside hunting for eggs right away. When I told him we couldn't look until after church, we quickly moved up our mass time from the 10am to the 8am! Joe & I figured there was no easy way to take the babies out on this cold day, so JP and I went alone. When we returned, Daddy had the babies ready for a nap and had baked our overnight Pecan French Toast- yum!
I think JP wanted jelly beans for breakfast instead. He was having so much fun emptying his "loot" from his egg hunt!
The rest of the day, we spent just hanging out. Joe was doing his best to catch The Masters on TV along with watching the kids while I cooked dinner. JP was eager to test out his new sidewalk chalk, even on this cold day. The babies did some new things today also. I discovered Maddi now has a 3rd tooth. She is also getting much closer to crawling, which will be a very good thing given how vocal she is about being unhappy she cannot. Ryan learned to crawl up steps today. Looks like we may need another baby gate soon! And Caitlin should be able to pull herself up to standing any day. Ryan does this on anything and everything. He's gotten quite a few bruises along the way!
We hope everyone had a fun day with their families. Here are some more shots from Easter. I tried to do a slideshow on Photobucket, not sure if I like it or not. If it goes too fast, you can stop & do one pic at a time.
http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g301/jhc4963/triplets/?action=view¤t=4b166ef0.pbw

No comments:
Post a Comment