
Who brings a camera to the doctor's office?- I do of course! OK, We're not quite 9 months old yet, but to block off time with 3 at the pediatrician's office with a specific doctor, you have to work both your and the doctor's schedule. All 3 are right on track development wise. They are not over-excelling, i.e. nobody waves bye-bye yet or get from laying to sitting position, but the doctor feels they are doing great and so do I. It's funny, with JP I was always looking at the books seeing what he was supposed to be doing next. With these guys a) I don't think I have time to look at any books :) and b) they are growing up fast enough, I don't want to rush things along!
Here are their 9-month stats:
Ryan: 21lbs, 8oz (70%), 29.75 in long (90%), and 18.25 in head (85%)
Caitlin: 17lbs (25%), 27.5 in long (50%), and 17 in head (25%)
Madison: 16lbs (10%), 27 in long (35%), and 16.625 in head (10%)
We had our first big colds this past week. The girls got it first. Ryan held off for about 5 days, which I couldn't believe, but he too got the runny nose & mild cough. They all have actually been doing pretty well with it. Waking up a little at night, but easily being put back down. We thought the girls were just about over it, but today we found out Madison has a mild ear infection. Our doctor thinks it just started, so hopefully it will go away quickly with the antibiotics. Ryan & Caitlin's ears look good for now. On Friday, we take Ryan for surgery to remove a skin tag he was born with. Hopefully he continues to get better and we can have the procedure done without any complications.
JP had a visit with an orthodontist this past week. His dentist has recommended the last 2 visits that he see him for his under bite. According to x-rays, JP is not set to start losing his baby teeth for a little while longer so he will be getting a retainer on his bottom teeth this week. The school of thought these days is to start correcting while he is young & his jaw is moving. The orthodontist thinks it will only take 3-6 weeks for the retainer to start moving his lower jaw back into place. I hate the thought of starting him with this, but I also am hoping doing this now will eliminate more painful treatments in the future.
We're excited that Joe's parents will be coming in town tomorrow for a week. We are planning our first family trip up to the mountains for 4 days. Even though it will require a lot of gear, Joe & I are excited for the trip!
Here are a few pics from the past couple of weeks. I also took some pretty cute ones of the kids for Valentines that I will put up in the next day or two:

Can you guess who didn't feel like napping today- so tired!

The doctor thinks Caiti is the most social, watching every little thing going on.

Maddi eating her binky

What good patients!

The other night JP called over to me "Mom Look!" I quickly snapped a shot and them told him that he doesn't need to be picking up the babies!
A couple of pictures of our crazy sleeper Caiti. She's the only one without a bumper and always has some body part sticking out!


1 comment:
Those last pictures of Caitlin are so funny - I'm glad to hear they're all doing so well!
Post a Comment