Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life is Funny

Below is an email exchange between my girlfriend and myself that I came across from 1 year ago today. It made me smile at a) how quickly time goes and b) you never know what life is going to throw at you next!

-My girlfriend's beautiful baby boy Greyson is crawling and babbling and turning 1 Sept 25.
-My brother Sean and Anne have been married a year on Sept 15th and are expecting their 1st child any day.
-And us, well we all know how that turned out!

Actually for those who didn't know, we did go through IVF and had 2 embryos implanted. We were told there was less than a 20% chance that both would make it. It was 6 ultrasounds and 11 weeks later that we found out we were having triplets, not twins. Even though the girls split probably within the first 72 hours, one of them was doing a great job of hiding. My doctor told us that we had less than a 1/4 of 1% chance of this happening. Oh- and we did buy a lottery ticket the day we found out, but weren't so lucky that time!

****

From: Kelly Crist [mailto:jkcrist@comcast.net]
To: Stephanie
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 9:17 AM

Subject: Hey!

I just wanted to make sure the baby hadn't popped out yet! I haven't heard from you!
I'm getting set for the crazy week ahead. My parents get in tomorrow, Erin's family Wed, My grandmother Thurs (Sean's wedding is Sat). It should be fun!
Anyway, take care because I probably will not see you before the little one arrives, so know that I am thinking about you and all goes well!!

Kelly

----- Original Message -----
From: Stephanie
To:
Kelly Crist
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 9:28 AM
Subject: RE: Hey!


Kelly, so sorry I haven't reached out to you in the past weeks. Things got really crazy at work, etc. No baby yet...but hopefully it is getting close. The baby is measuring big so I am getting a little worried. Have a great time this week and weekend. I hope everything goes well. Any new news on your baby front...that is if you are ready to share. I will keep you posted. Talk to you soon.

----- Original Message -----
From:
Kelly Crist
To: Stephanie

Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: Hey!

No news on our front yet. We are actually gearing up to do IVF. Then we can say we tried everything. Hopefully it will work, if not I am so grateful I have JP. It's OK to ask, I really don't mind talking about it. I'm keeping a good attitude about it- it really is what it is and I just feel better knowing we are doing what we can. Have a great week!

Kelly

****

The pictures that started it all (12/2/07):




































3-D of the girls. Weren't they cute even then?!

No comments: