Thursday, August 18, 2011

JP's 1st Day of 3rd Grade (and his End of 2nd Grade Interview)

On Aug 18th JP officially became a 3rd grader.  I have to say its been a great summer and I wasn't sure I was even ready to get him back to school. He was excited though, so it made it really easy to start a new year.  This year, JP will again have a homeroom teacher (Ms. Trumbell) for literacy/writing and then switch to another teacher (Mr. Lewis) for math/science/social studies.  Next year if all goes as planned, he will then switch to Mr. Lewis for homeroom and still have Ms. Trumbell as well.  So far, we're about 2 weeks in and its going great.  We've had to adjust to having homework again.  Right now its taking him about 2 hours a night to get it done so we've had to start it shortly after he gets home from school.  No more taking off to the alley to play with friends on weeknights!

Our big 3rd Grader!

Official backpack on the front porch shot!

His yearly congratulations balloon & treat (this year the trio and I picked out cheesecake!)

Spencer joined us for dessert:

This just made me laugh.  Out of the blue JP said he would like a cell phone.  Spencer said he would like one too.  I said "Who would you guys even call if you had phones?"  Instantly, this is what happened!

And here's JP's End-of-2nd Grade Interview that I never posted back in May.  I was using Joe camera, which kept dying on us, so its a little choppy.  I also didn't realize until I watched it again that JP is rocking in the chair the whole time ~ I hope you don't get dizzy!


No comments: