Yesterday, I was able to attend JP's Halloween parade & party at school. His school is on fall break from Wed until next Monday, so they celebrated early. It was so nice to be able to see Joe and all his classmates. Everyone looked so cute in their costumes. I signed up to make the goody bags (which is right up my alley, of course)! The party was a success and all the kids seemed to have fun doing crafts & eating lots of sweets.
The trio had their 1st babysitter come over while they have been awake. Usually, when we get a sitter, we have them come right before 7pm as the babies are getting ready to go to bed. I knew they may cry a little when I first left, but also knew they would be in great hands with our good friend Sarah. Just as I was leaving, Miss Caitlin did start to get upset and throw herself on the floor crying- that was not a suprise at all. Sarah said she cried for about 15 minutes & then was done. She said the funny thing was that when she stopped it was as if Madison looked around and said, OK now its my turn, because she then cried for the next 15 minutes. But after that 1st 1/2 hour they all were fine. Ryan was just happy to have someone new to snuggle with!
Today we woke up to a snow storm. We knew it was coming, so it wasn't a surprise, it's just crazy to get so much snow in October. Joe is away on business & I got the biggest snow day treat of them all. I was able to sleep in until 7:45! I looked at the clock & 7:30 and couldn't believe noone had made a peep yet. Since JP is on vacation, we were able to relax and enjoy the day. He played in the snow for about 1.5 hours and had a blast. The babies were getting upset because they saw JP and kept saying "bye-bye, bye-bye", so I looked through tubs and tried to come up with some snow gear. I took them out for about 15 minutes and they had fun. I think if they were better bundled they would have played more. Better put that on my shopping list!
This afternoon, I put the babies in their cribs for an afternoon rest. I say rest, because they really need it, but these days they really only fall asleep about once a week for a second nap. After about 45 minutes of hearing them play, I went in and discoved Ryan standing there butt naked entertaining his sisters. He managed to take off his sweat pants & shirt and diaper. Luckily, there were no big accidents!
Tonight for dinner we made pizza & JP got to decorate it. He'd been wanting to make a pumpkin shaped pizza, so I gave him some green pepper, olives, and mushrooms and he got creative. I think it turned out pretty cute & yummy too! Unfortunately, Joe is stuck in Idaho due to flights being cancelled but hopefully we'll see him tomorrow afternoon!
That's it until Saturday, when we'll see what the weather brings!
Lining up to parade around to the Kindergarten & ECE classrooms:

Doing a Halloween craft:

Captain Hook got a little crazy with the glitter glue:

I not only create the products, I use them too! :)

Today at 2:00, 7" of snow & still falling

JP brushing off the pumpkins, he also looked for our newspaper, but never did find it!

The trio watching their brother:

Ryan loving the snow:

Thanks Heather for the snowsuit, Maddi looks pretty darn cute!

Poor Caiti, she got all the leftover pieces I found around!

Playing with big brother:

I'm so glad we got JP set up with a new hat, coat & gloves last week:

Everyone was clapping they were so excited:


Our little nudist:

JP called his creation a dog pumpkin!
2 comments:
I love all those pictures of the kids playing in the snow! And their costumes sound so cute, I can't wait to see pictures!
Kelly, you make me laugh out loud! I about spit out my drink when I looking/reading about the kids and their snow outfits. Poor Caiti... ha!
Post a Comment