Life is good here at the Crist house. People often ask how we're doing and the answer is really great! Yes, we are not getting as much sleep as normal, but we know this is temporary. The babies have already started stretching their nights out now sleeping from 11pm to 3am and then until about 6:30am. They are still eating every 3 hours during the day, but are starting to push the night feeding to 4 hours- yeah! We've had wonderful meals brought to the house this past week by our neighbors and help as well. My sister-in-law Anne came on both Wed & Fri to help with feedings which was awesome. But, my real secret weapon is Joe. Him working out of the house makes it so much easier on me. Once the babies are sleeping I can go take a shower or do something and not have to worry, because he can hear them if they wake up. I know I am very lucky!
This past week we had JP's first Tee ball game. We took the whole family out for the 1st time to watch the big game. We had the babies in the triplet stroller with blankets covering their seats and they slept the whole time. It was so fun to watch all the little boys learning the concept of baseball. JP was first at bat for his team. They are only supposed to run to 1st base and then wait for the next player to hit to advance them to the next base. When JP hit the ball he started running- and didn't stop. People were trying to shout to him to stop at a base, but with the big batting helmet on he couldn't hear and just kept running. By the time he made it to home plate the whole crowd on both sides was cheering for him and his "home run"!
He did 2 other funny things this week. First of all, he got a haircut on Saturday. Not a big deal, but on Friday my 5 year old actually asked me if he could get a Mohawk. I said no way. On Saturday morning I came downstairs and he was anxious to show me some "art" he had done. He wrote these letters on a piece of paper "MOWHAG" and asked me if I know what it said. When he told me it said Mohawk, I told him I was impressed by his writing, but he still couldn't have one.
That's not the only spelling he did. He also received a Big Brother card in the mail from some friends in Massachusetts. They sent him $10- a five dollar bill, 4 ones and 4 quarters taped to the card. Well, paper money is a big deal in his world and he was very excited. So excited I think he wanted more. He went and got a box and cut a hole in it. On the side he wrote "MUNEE PLZ" (money please) he went and grabbed a box of fruit snacks and wanted to go to the alley and sell them. I applaud his entrepreneurial spirit- a kid after my own heart!
We also had a photo shoot at our house this week. A good friend of Anne's who takes awesome pictures came over to take pics of the babies for an announcement. Katy took a ton of great shots and I'm excited to get our announcements out in the next week or so. Below is one of the many I just love.


JP and I made signs for everyone to wear on Sunday.

Daddy & his kids sitting on his new picnic table he got for Father's Day.

The trio enjoying some fresh air.

It's rare when the girls are wearing the same outfit, so I had to take a picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment